Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Remembering my mom

My mom struggled really hard with prescription drug abuse after a knee injury. The last years of her life were pretty hard on us. She got a diagnosis of lung cancer and had her first surgery and all went well. After the second surgery, she came home feeling wonderful but several days later, she died. I guess the final thought was that she must have thrown a clot. She died at her home in bed. She was in Missouri at the time although she had lived in Florida with me for many years. Before the knee injury she was a wonderful grandma. It was and is hard to let go and live without a mama. I miss her terribly. Such a sad ending. She was only 56. She lived with so many regrets but she taught me much in those regrets and it has been a source of encouragement when I have faced hard things. I am thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Learning from others past mistakes/regrets........isn't that a great way to learn? If only we did more learning that way and not by our own repeated mistakes/regrets.

    ReplyDelete